Thursday, June 3, 2010

Covered Clipboards


Lately, I've been passing around a lot of sign-ups at church. I thought it might be easier if I sent around the lists on clipboards with attached pens. Of course, I can't just send around some boring old clipboards.
 
I went to Staples and bought a 3 pack of 9x12" clipboards. It was just under $5 for all three. When I got home, I realized that the clipboards would hold paper that was 9x12", but they were a little bigger than that.
 
Since I was using 12x12" paper, I used a little paint to cover the edges of the clipboard that the paper wouldn't cover.
Once that was dry, I cut my paper so there was an even border the whole way around. I used decorative scissors for the edges, then straight scissors to cut a notch out where the metal part would go.
I applied a thin layer of Mod Podge to the whole board, then stuck on the paper and added another layer of glue. I used a little more paint, in varying colors on a paper towel to antique the edges a bit. After it dried, I added a couple more layers of Mod Podge.
 
I added a little bit of brown cord to each board and attached a pen. Voila.
 
The only sad part is that you can barely see the cuteness when there's big sign-up sheet on it. Oh, well.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a cool idea! And they look really gorgeous! I want to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete