Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pierre Chaton


I'm really loving crochet lately. I've been working to expand my skills. I spent a lot of years only doing things that involved square and rectangle shapes. Pierre is certainly the most complicated thing I've ever made.

As a lover of the French people and language, I could not pass up this cool cat. I hate cats! But a cat with a beret? Well, he's okay.

The pattern comes from a book called AMIGURUMI! by Elisabeth Doherty. She gives a great introduction to the art of amigurumi in her book. I thought her pictures and instructions were really easy to read. Along with the hep cat, you can make a monkey, deer, pig, mouse, a hamburger, cookies, carrots and others. I just borrowed the book from the library.
Silas loves his little friend. He hugs him before he throws him. That's more courtesy than any of his other toys get. Also, Pierre only speaks French, so I hope he'll be able to help Silas learn some.

No comments:

Post a Comment