Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hooded Towel

I've been unhappy with the bath towel situation for my son for a while now. He's too big for the hooded animal ones you can get at the store. He's also not very helpful when it comes to keeping a regular towel wrapped around him long enough for me to dry him off. I saw this tutorial and decided I would make a few hooded towels of my own.


I ended up making 4 towels. I figured with another baby on the way, and always seeming to have a towel in the laundry, I'd want extras. Instead of buying a full-sized towel and hand towel for each project, I just bought a fifth full towel and cut it into the four hoods.

I also left off the ears. I was too lazy, and figured my son would never care.
 

My only warning is to be careful when you're sewing the hood and towel together. Right there at the middle, I broke 2 needles because I tried to speed through some pretty thick stuff.
 

My son tried out his towel for the first time today. I could tell he loved it because he stood still long enough for me to get a picture because he was so busy checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment