Sunday, April 10, 2011

30 Day De-Stash #18: Polka Dot Blanket

A few months ago, The Purl Bee posted their February quilt of the month.  I have to say, I was totally blown away by the method.  I don't know much about quilting methods, and I don't think I would have thought of that in a million years.  I ran right out and bought some fabric to make a quilt for my daughter's big-girl bed (yeah, I know she's not even 5 months old, I got excited).

I decided to make a blanket for an upcoming cousin's baby for today's project.  I had this fabric:
The only fabric I had to match was a plain pink flannel.  The two together didn't seem very personal.  I think I got them on a good sale, but it was late in the week when most of the cuter stuff was gone.

I decided to dress up the pink side using some circles of fabric using a similar method to the one The Purl Bee teaches.  It adds just a little something more.  I hope it makes it a little more special for my cousin and her baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment